We are currently living in a state of much uncertainty and anxiety over the COVID-19 pandemic with no end in sight. For many, this protracted emergency is resulting in term called pandemic fatigue. Pandemic fatigue refers to feeling overwhelmed with still having to maintain a state of constant vigilance after so many months since the pandemic started, and a weariness to abide by restrictions.
The prolonged mental and physical exhaustion tends to lower our overall resilience and may boost feelings of helplessness. But because we are exhausted and our ability to cope may be lowered, therefore we may be less motivated to do anything about our negative feelings. We may end up feeling more anxious, and exhausted.
Remember, self-care is especially important right now to help you further cope through this difficult time. Here are some tips to help you cope better:
- Regular self-reflection and learn to accept our responses as they are normal during such difficult time.
- Create and maintain a routine daily including exercise. Stay active physically and mentally.
- Avoid continuous exposure to news, media, and social media related to the pandemic.
- Get creative by leveraging on technology: share tips with family members, co-workers and friends on what’s working well for you and encourage them to do the same etc.
- Engage in activities that brings you joy and that is beneficial to your well-being.
Please contact us if you think you need a consultation on your current state of wellbeing.